Sunday, December 28, 2008

For All You Die-Hard Twilight Fans

Alright guys, I'm sorry, but I must vioce my opinion.
Do you know what ticks me off nowadays?
Twilighters.
Our school is FILLED with these beasts. I can't even voice my opinion without a "GASP! Jourdan, how could you even have those THOUGHTS?!" and so now I'm forced to voice my opinion on this web page.
"So why are you all the sudden talking about this now?"
Well, I was looking up when Edward said he loved Bella, because I wanted to see when my guy character should say he loved his equal.
And I found a very interesting website. This girl talks about what she thinks. And I like it.

For you die-hard Twilight fans, I know you will object. But I gotta say this:
BELLA AND EDWARD'S LOVE IS A LIE!

...
"GASP! Jourdan, how could you even have those THOUGHTS?!"
Yeah. Gotcha.
http://summersnook.com/2008/01/edward-and-bella-true-love-or-true-lust/#comment-8724
^ Click it.
I agree so strongly. Now, make no mistake. I, too, was a victim of the Bella/Edward love relationship. I wanted to express my feelings personally, but i wont have enough room.

.:~BOOK SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT READ THE WHOLE SERIES AND ACTUALYL WANT TO!~:.
I really loved Twilight. And, despite everyone's judgement against it, I like New Moon the best. The way she acted like a drone, however, made me waver. But I continued to read.
As i read Eclipse, and found that Bella only wanting sex and would do anything to get it a bit extreme. This brought up my thoughts about New Moon. But I ignored them. After all, when I start to read a series, I can't stop until I finish it.
Then I read Breaking Dawn.
Alright, I'll admit it: I liked the beginning and part of the middle. I hated, absolutely HATED the ending, however.
"Why?"
First of all, Bella's power, to PROTECT PEOPLE...i found that to be utterly stupid. Everyone else gets the cool powers. So what's up with Bella's un-kick-ass-like power? But I continued to read.
Then, Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. What the--?! Of course, he does that because she's JUST LIKE BELLA. If you ask me, Sam's ex would be a much better match for Jacob.
Finally...the climax. If you could even call it a climax. People talking? BOOORRRRRINNNGNGGGGGG....and flat. Nothing happened. All this build up for nothing? Great. Thanks for wasting my valuble time. If i would have known it would end like that, I wouldnt have bothered.
When I told my classmates this, all they said was "But the Volturi would have killed them all."
Gwa--?!!??!??!
So WHAT?! Stephenie, i won't lie to you: You really needed a better climax.
Infact, ALL the climaxes you have should be amped. In the first book, the one with James, that was exciting, I'll admit. The second-- Edward trying to kill himself --took about two minutes, then it was done. Everything was better. YAAAAAAYYYYYY--no. And the third...you're not even in the action. Bella cuddling with Jacob is NOT a climax. Neither is an old man talking in the fourth one! C'mon, Stephenie...
And that finally brings me to the end. The ending screams "AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER". Gee. I mean, seriously. "Bella! I can read your thoughts!" Great. That was pretty much the only reason they fell in love in the first place (Edward was only interested in Bella because he couldn't read her thoughts. if he could, he wouldnt waste his breath to give her the time of day). Repeat after me: "LUSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT".
Plus, one of my schoolmates, Shelby, brough up an interesting point: When i asked her the reason for being on "Team Jacob", she replied, "Just think about it: do you think Bella would be in love with Edward if he actually looked like a 119-year-old?"

Finally, I saw the movie. Disappointment. All my visuals were ruined. So, in my sadness, I picked up Harry Potter again. And now I'm a die-hard Harry Potter fan.
So take THAT, Twilighters!

- Jeorge ^_^

No comments: